As a little summary:2016 has been the year where so many people around me has lost their close friends, family or the year where so many great historic people has died.
I remember talking to my mother after Alan Rickman passed how horrible it was, and discussing the events of death of David Bowie.
Then a few weeks later my mother dies (around 3am, 5th october), and then 2 months later we lose Carrie Fisher.
I know of family who’s been out and in of hospitals and one of my best friends lost his beloved dog a month ago who’s been with them for years.
I think year 2016 has been the most influenced year of them all (at least speaking from my own point of view). Its been the year of change.
The biggest lesson ever was the lesson to take in criticism and to be the one responsible for picking out which advices are biased and which arent.
– You choose which opinions that matters and which doesn’t, and the same goes for ‘useful advices’ from people.
People can spend years just doing what other people tells them to do and whats smart, which is a good way of avoiding to make mistakes. However you learn nadda by living after other peoples words.
I think choosing between which advices to take in and which is not going to make you grow is the hardest part in life.
Sometimes we need to look into ourselves and realise our mistakes, sometimes we NEED people to point out things.
But there’s also the times where people can point out things which remains biased.
Only you know how you work, you know when you need a break and you know your limits. Being afraid of what others might think of you gets you nowhere.
Be open for self improvement, but remember there’s so many opinions out there and you’re OK to disagree with them too.
Your self value is not measured in other peoples views of things.
But be smart, and know when the opinions matters and when they dont!
I had a crazy thought, why not do a crossover couple challenge!
Whichever gets the most votes will be drawn together!
Ready set go!
PS. If you got other preferances please do tell either on comment section in the comics or here! I will add em 🙂
Edit: Mr Sacko and a yurk was requested and added to the poll. Let god have mercy.
The vote doesnt appear here but the pairing has 1 vote.
At some part of my life I used to have more time to read webcomics, however there’s a few I’ve stuck with for years and that’s still ongoing.
I’m a part of some english webcomic communities which is often artists grouped together where they share their love of making stories and reading others.
There’s difference from the communities but they’re often very helpful both as an artist and as a reader since you get so much to choose from.
Alot of great stories are on these pages, it is so open to just everyone to make comics so it makes the pool of diverse stories even bigger.
I got this list of favorites I usually go through every week-
1. BloodStain by Sigeel This comic is so far as I know published on Sigeels DeviantART- A story of a girl trying to find a job, she finds one: At a nutty proffesors house in the middle of nowhere. Shenanigans occur. Love it! I think it updates random, but worth checking by! There’s about 3 chapters so far.
Followed since 2015
2. Sunstone by Shiniez /NSFW –LGTBQ+ This story is actually done by Sigeels partner, also found on their DeviantArt -Sunstone is a S&M comic about two girls exploring their sexuality (among other things). Its written in a way where its not just porn, its a beautiful lovestory and the cute-factor is above average being a gay story about girls.
Followed since 2015
3. Tripping over you – By Suzanah and Owen – LGBTQ+ Follows Liam through out his college years at a british dormschool where he meets the guy of his dreams- his best friend Milo. The story takes up everything from angsty teenage romance to how to deal with coming out to your parents. Cute art, fun characters! Followed it since 2012
4. Simply Sarah – By SkyAngel /LGBTQ+ Simply Sarah has alot of genre in one story- It follows Sarah through out her life from high school, college, university and so on and you basically live with the character and grow with her. She goes through every thing a normal person could (and some maybe not so normal) but its a very realistic done story and lovely art. There’s alot of tension and as the plot goes it gets more and more suspenseful. I think I’ve followed it since 2007.
5. Bittersweet Candybowl – By Veronica/Soupy /LGBTQ+
A dramastory about CATS. Its very dramatic. And there’s loads of cats. Ok I lied there’s dogs too. But there’s drama. I’m not sure how to describe it, but its a rollercoaster of emotions. It lays in the name. Cute art, it changes alot with the years but its fun to see how much an artist grows from start to finish (its not finished but you get my point).
Followed since 2011.
6. Whomp! – By Ronnie
The best thing on the entire internet. Read it I dare you.
Followed since 2013’ish.
07. No End – By Erli and Kromi /LGBTQ+
I found this story a year ago via SmackJeeves, its a beautiful post apocolyptic storyline about a bunch of people trying to survive the days after everyone has turned into zombies and whatnot. The story is suspenseful as hell and the art stays insanely accurate and stable through out the entire comic.
08. Mindfold – By fallopiancrusader
A sci fi comic about Darra trying to fight herway through the wastelands of a strange planet with catpeople and creepy animals. Beautiful art and the storyline too!